If you are on a diet of fruits and vegetables only, it is likely that your total protein intake will have about 5% of calories or even slightly higher. Adding a small quantity of nuts or seeds results in a slight increase in protein intake percentage.
- A meal of 10 peaches (420 calories) yields 7 grams of protein.
- Another meal of 10 bananas (1,085 calories) supplies 12 grams of protein.
- A bowl of soup made from 3 tomatoes blended with 2 cucumbers calories) supplies more than 7 additional grams of protein.
- A pint of fresh-squeezed orange juice (225 calories) offers nearly 3.5 grams of protein.
- One medium head of lettuce (about 50 calories) provides about 5.5 grams of protein.
- Even if we have only eaten 1,930 calories so far, the total protein consumed is 35 grams (over 6% of calories).